Housing Authority City of Ellijay
P.O. Box 426
Ellijay, Ga 30540
The Ellijay Housing Authority has a fulltime maintenance position coming available soon.
Must have a valid Georgia Driver’s License, submit to a post offer drug screen and a criminal history/background check. Salary will be based on experience.
Resume will be accepted by mail only, please no phone calls.
Mail to Ellijay Housing Authority P.O. Box 426 Ellijay Ga 30540 attention personnel.
The Ellijay Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF LAWRENCEVILLE
Assistant Controller/Accounting Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000
DOE Last Updated: 03/01/2017
This is a full time position under the direction of the Executive Director. Assistant Controller is responsible for organization’s general accounting activities and all financial matters of the Lawrenceville Housing Authority (LHA) and Gwinnett Housing Corporation (GHC). He/she will oversee the financial operations of complex programs with diverse funding sources. Must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the work load. The functions listed are also examples of duties that may be required and in no way imply a contractual agreement between the employer and employee or affect the at-will relationship between the parties.
• Assist the Fee Accountant in development of monthly and annual financial reports;
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments;
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the executive director;
• Oversee financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate and foundation grants;
• Work closely with grantor agencies to ensure accurate reports are submitted on timely basis;
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and Fee Accountant;
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep ED abreast of the organization’s financial status;
• Prepare and submit required financial reports to grantor agencies
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
• Oversee cash, investment and asset management ;
• Maintain banking relationships;
• Maintain financial record systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and HUD requirements, and monitor the use of all funds; and
• Work closely with program leaders to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL
• Direct all financial, project-based and departmental accounting;
• Maintain all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. Reconcile accounts, processes accounts payable and receivable, including filing and record retention;
• Process accounts payable invoices, expense reports, reconcile employee benefit payments, etc. in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with LHA policy / procedure. Verify all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures and distribute checks accordingly. Respond to all vendor inquiries.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and program budgets and actual expenditures;
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Experience with GAAP accounting
• Minimum of a BA degree, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related accreditation
• At least five years of overall professional experience; ideally some broad financial experience in a nonprofit organization
• Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, controls and reporting
• A track record in grants management
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
This position is required to work in an office setting that is generally accessible to the mobility and sensory impaired. The incumbent must have the ability to utilize standard office equipment and access files and documents. The incumbent must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and must be able to work while seated for extended periods of time.
• Ability to be covered under the Authority’s liability policy.
• Able to be covered under the Authority’s fidelity bond.
• Able to occasionally travel overnight.