The Housing Authority of the City of McDonough is seeking a Part-Time Accounts Payable Clerk. The MHA is a small housing authority with a total of 118 low-income public housing units on three sites. We do not operate the HCV Program.
Cover letter and resume will be accepted through March 1, 2021 at 12pm at the information listed below. Candidates are encouraged to review the qualification requirements and submit specific evidence of experience in the above areas. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Cover letter and resume should be submitted to:
Shanicki Burton, Executive Director
McDonough Housing Authority
P.O. Box 23
345 Simpson Street
McDonough, GA 30253
McDonough Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PART-TIME ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK- MCDONOUGH HOUSING AUTHORITY
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision of the Executive Director, performs Authority accounts payable duties and maintains accounts payable written and electronic records and associated documentation. Responsible for preparation and management of accounts payable and accounts, receivable records, grant management and other related accounting functions that promote the MHA mission.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for all data entry relating to the accounts payable function including, but not limited to: verification of vendor payment statements by cross-checking against appropriate payment or purchase orders to validate (1) all items were received as ordered, (2) item/service costs agree with original price quote at time of order, and (3) appropriate program(s) are charged for cost of purchase/service.
2. Process employee payroll as directed by Executive Director.
3. Perform necessary Human Resource duties as directed by Executive Director.
4. Preparation and management of financial records as directed by Executive Director.
5. Classify billings and enter into accounts payable system for timely payment
6. Enter client payments from different housing projects.
7. Update and reconcile depreciation ledger.
8. Reconcile investment statements.
9. Assist in maintaining accounts receivable, accounts payable and subsidiary ledgers.
10. Prepare 1099’s and required HUD financial reports with proper documentation.
11. Promptly pays all utility (electric, gas, waste, water) bills and reviews each to ensure that excessive utility usage is reported to the Executive Director for review.
12. Prepares invoices for payment.
13. Performs daily/weekly deposits.
14. Creates new Vendor files as needed. Also collects W-9 information from new vendors.
15. Responsible for closing A/P Month End and Fiscal Year End.
16. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with all safety rules, policies, and procedures.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Essential Job Functions
1. Assists the Executive Director directly in the administration of personnel policy and associated matters.
2. Responsible for procurement of office supplies, materials and equipment.
3. Types and maintains requested files for the Executive Director.
4. Performs all related duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
1. High school graduate, and/or any combination and experience equivalent to two years of college course work in business administration or accounting.
2. Some accounts payable background required and demonstrated knowledge of accounts payable.
3. Strong analytical and organization skills.
4. Accuracy and precision when working with figures.
5. Ability to function courteously and professionally with vendors, employees of the Authority, the public and judicial system.
6. SACS preferred but not required.
1. This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
2. Work requires reaching, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions.
3. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
4. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.
1. Valid Georgia driver’s license required and must maintain eligibility for coverage under the Authority’s automobile insurance.
2. Must complete a criminal background record.