The Board of Commissioners of the City of Byron Housing Authority is seeking an Executive Director to manage thirty-two (32) Public Housing units. Interested candidate must submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, and three (3) references and their contact. Refer to the instructions on the Job Detail for submitting a resume.
Job ID: 2022-01
Position: Executive Director
The Board of Commissioners of the City of Byron Housing Authority is seeking an Executive Director to manage day-to-day operations of thirty-two (32) Public Housing units. The Executive Director shall provide the general supervision over the administration of the Authority’s business and affairs and ensuring such business affairs are conducted in compliance with the rules and requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Executive Director shall be the Authority’s chief administrator and shall have the day-to-day responsibility of managing the Authority, implanting the policy directives of the Authority (Board), and assuming the overall leadership role in guiding, programmatic, fiscal, personnel, and public relations activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related area from an accredited college or university and or equal experience. Three to five years of experience in an Executive / decision-making / leadership role or in related field is desirable.
Knowledgeable about low-income housing and programs. Management of public housing strongly desired. The public housing management certification is desired. If not, it must be obtained within one year of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer regulations policies and procedures consistent with federal, state, and public housing and ensure compliance with accounting, budgeting, and audit procedures as well as eligible funding requirements.
- Communicate effectively both oral and writing, establishing, and maintaining effective working relationships with Board of Commissioners, HUD, City Officials, Staff and Residents, legal, and financial consultants.
- Take actions as necessary to ensure that the Housing Authority become a High Performer Agency.
- Act as the primary liaison to the Board, communicate housing strategy, policy, procedures, recommendations, HUD updates, and financial information which may include reports, conversations, and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Work effectively with the Board Of Commissioners to establish annual and five-year plans that reflect the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assure that the agendas, minutes, and materials that reflect the monthly Board meeting are prepared and maintained in accordance with current laws and regulations.
- Plan, prepare operating and capital budgets in accordance with HUD guidelines.
- Ensure that all HUD management and finance requirements are met (FDS, Audits, PIC, etc.)
- Work towards increasing client participation in self-sufficiency programs.
- Other duties assigned by the Board.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience, generous benefits, contract position.
Deadline to Apply: February 17, 2022
Start Date: April 1, 2022
Name: Mitzi Hamlin
Phone Number: 478-228-0900
Email is the preferred form of communication