Housing Specialist – Decatur, GA
- Processes verification and documentation of required information.
- Handles complete case file from initial contract through termination, including computer input/processing.
- Acts as the contact person for Decatur clients porting to other agencies and ensures that paperwork is processed timely and applicable Housing Authority is properly set to receive payment.
- Prepares and sends letters to Housing Choice Program applicants and recipients.
- Briefs voucher holders.
- Prepares contracts.
- Accurately performs all functions of the job.
- Maintains records in good order and ensures certifications are current.
- Handles more than one specialized function, such as performing a more technical or specialized duty. Provides supervision in a work area, etc.
- Handles clients porting in from other agencies in a timely manner including setting up billing and processing paperwork. Meets HUD time frames as required.
- Delivers outstanding customer service.
- Specialized functions include inspections, portability, reporting duties, computer system responsibilities, etc.
- Calculates household income and rent.
- Read, understand, and interpret HUD regulations and Housing Authority policies.
- Maintains assigned caseload.
- Retrieves comparables from online website
- Attends work with regularity and punctually and recognizes that attendance is an essential duty and responsibility of this position.
- Works in all phases of the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Handles all paperwork related to program operation and for a substantial caseload.
- Meets all required time frames.
- Utilizes the computer to perform responsibilities.
- Prepares HUD required forms completely and accurately.
- Maintains all files in accurate and correct order and ensures all required forms are completed in their entirety.
- Counsels with families as needed.
- Completes detailed job assignments on a regular or sporadic basis as assigned.
- Coordinates work with other employees and ensure timely completion.
- Prepares regular reports as assigned.
- Provides backup coverage to the front desk as assigned.
- Adjusts schedule to accommodate special needs of customers, including special appointment times.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
|Decatur Housing Authority is looking for a team player, independent worker, organized and very little supervision needed candidate. Candidate must have some experience in this entry level position.
Apply Online Now: http://hirinq.accolo.com/iob.htm?id=449436198&applv=true