The Athens Housing Authority is seeking a property customer service specialist.Athens-Customer-Service-Specialist-Property
The Housing Authority of the City of West Point (WPHA) is seeking an experienced housing professional to serve as its Property Manager. The WPHA is a small Housing Authority with a total of 221 low-income public housing units. The HA does not operate a Housing Choice Voucher Program.
Candidates must possess a range of skills and abilities in order to qualify for the position. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Public Housing or Property Management, HUD programs required, Rent Calculation Certification, Public Housing Manager or Occupancy Specialist Certification and EIV
Certification preferred; Experience in SACS Software preferred.
Cover letter, resume and three references will be accepted through November 10, 2023 at the information listed below. No phone calls please. Candidates are encouraged to review the qualification requirements and submit specific evidence of experience in the above areas. Please submit to:
Kimberly Walker, Deputy CEO
Griffin Housing Authority
327 S. 9th Street
Griffin, GA 30224
The Property Manager is the primary representative of management to the residents and the public. This employee has direct responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the assigned project. The Property Manager is the management vehicle for implementing all of the policies and procedures established by
West Point Housing Authority (WPHA). The Property Manager will report directly to the CEO.
Salary- Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Decatur Housing Authority (DHA), Georgia is seeking an experienced full time Portability Specialist This is responsible technical work in all phases of the operation of the Housing Choice Voucher program. This position is responsible for accurately receiving and processing incoming portability requests, submitting billing to the initial public housing authority, performing annual and interim certifications, maintaining tenant files for portability caseload, negotiating, and preparing HAP contracts conducting briefings. The Portability Housing Specialist is also responsible for more than one specialized function/duty in addition to the regular duties of a Housing Specialist. To apply for this position please go to our website https://www.decaturhousing.org/careers and click on Portability Specialist to apply for the position. Decatur Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has an excellent benefits package for its valued employees!
Public Housing Applications Specialist
$13-$15/hour to start commensurate with experience and education.
Submit application and/or resume with qualifications in writing to:
Ms. Heather H. McNair
Director of Human Resources
Augusta Housing Authority
1435 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30901
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the work load.
- Receives applications, conducts interviews, and reviews applications of prospective tenants for public housing and tax credit properties, assisting applicants in the completion of forms and identification of required documentation.
- Verifies information submitted including income, age, preferences, etc. and ranks applications according to required policies.
- Computes applicant income, deductions, and completes required forms.
- Makes unit offers based on established policies and procedures.
- Calculates adjusted income and computes tentative rent for applicants.
- Collects deposits and verifies capabilities of establishing utilities after accepted offer.
- Explains tenant responsibilities to applicants.
- Handles inquiries from applicants concerning the application process.
- Maintains the official waiting lists of eligible applicants for public housing and low-income housing tax credit properties.
- Reviews applicant files on a periodical basis to update information on prospective tenants and place non-respondents in inactive file.
- Assimilates and enters data into computer system.
- Sends out consent forms for information on each applicant to the Sheriff’s Department, Department of Family and Children Services, Social Security Administration, Banking Institutions, Landlords, etc.
- Approves or rejects an applicant based upon instructions and HUD guidelines.
- Prepares tenant file folders and makes any other arrangements, as required, prior to tenant occupancy.
- Prepares letters and other office forms and records.
- Purges the waiting list according to Authority policy, as required.
- Conducts briefings to applicants approved for housing assistance.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- Knowledge of the purposes, policies, and regulations as established by the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP) as well as the Board of Commissioners and/or as set forth by HUD regulations.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including copiers, personal computers, mainframe terminals, calculators, facsimile machines, etc.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and of record maintenance.
- Ability to make moderately complex computations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow quickly and accurately written and oral instructions.
- Ability to understand, act on, and interpret policies, regulations, and procedures as set forth by the Housing Authority.
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with administrative rules, regulations, and policies and to explain selection rules and procedures to prospective tenants in an objective and impartial manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers, vendors, contractors, residents, HUD, and local, state, and federal officials; ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in less than ideal office conditions, e.g. noise, high traffic areas, etc.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines including computers, copiers, printers, facsimile machines, telephones, etc. Must be able to work, move, or carry objects or materials such as files, computer printouts, reports, calculators, pencils, legal pads, etc. Must be able to lift twenty (20) to twenty-five (25) pounds. Must be able to bend and stoop as required.
Minimum Education, Training, and/or Experience
Graduation from a standard high school, preferably including courses in business practices with at least two (2) years experience in clerical work, including public contact work; or any equivalent combination of training and experience to meet the required knowledge, and abilities.
- Certification as a Public Housing Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation Specialist within 12 months of employment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- public contact work: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service Skills: 2 years (Required)
- clerical/administrative skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- public administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
The Marietta Housing Authority (MHA) is seeking an organized and energetic individual experienced with the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program to work with families to determine eligibility for the HCV Program. MHA’s HCV Program has over 2500 vouchers, 475 portability vouchers and is a High Performing Section 8 HCV Program Authority. A Housing Specialist must have the ability to input data into MHA software for required HCV Program reports, to interpret MHA’s Administrative plan, to interact with landlords and families, to ensure compliance with federal requirements and to provide excellent customer service. A successful candidate must pass MHA background checks.
Salary range begins at $35,399. MHA offers an excellent benefits package. MHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please address all inquiries to:
Marietta Housing Authority Attention: Brandie Garner
95 Cole Street
Marietta, Georgia 30060
Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance, this employee is responsible for performing a variety of financial tasks as they relate to monitoring cash and related asset/liability accounts, cash reconciliations, portability management, accounts payable, accounts receivables, records maintenance, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation and analysis, financial reporting, and monitoring HUD [LOCCS] programs. In addition, will serve as secondary support for the Housing Choice Voucher Check processing and file maintenance and other related financial tasks as required.
Performs monthly reconciliation of the Authority’s general ledger accounts. Accounts include but not limited to the bank accounts, cash related GL accounts, liability accounts and expense/revenue accounts as determined by the Director of Finance. Ensures all accounts are balanced monthly and discrepancies/variances are properly captured and explained on the reconciliation form.
Records adjusting/correcting entries to the general ledger as needed. Ensures all reconciliations are properly supported. Communicates all variances/discrepancies and provides the monthly reports to the Director of Finance for review and approval.
Federal Programs may include but limited to Public Housing, Capital Fund Programs, Capital Replacement Housing, Housing Choice Voucher, and HOME. Ensures all accounts are balanced monthly and discrepancies/variances are properly captured and communicated to Director Finance.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field with significant Accounting course work; considerable work experience in the analysis, reporting, preparation and maintenance of financial records; or some equivalent combination of education and experience.
A combination of education and appropriate experience will be given consideration. Salary to be determined accordingly. A full position description is available on the Agency website www.hafc.org.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled. No faxes, please. EOE.
The East Point Housing Authority seeks a Full Time Maintenance Technician. Under direct supervision of the Compliance Manager, performs a variety of journeyman level trade and labor activities. The successful candidate must have experience in routine mechanical, plumbing, electrical, masonry, carpentry and painting. Must be able to complete assigned work orders efficiently. Maintains open communication with management, consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when interacting with residents, co-workers and the general public; attends and participates in training seminars as requested and performs on-call emergency service as required. May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies and perform other duties as assigned. Experience with subsidized housing is a plus. Trade licenses/certifications highly desirable. Applicant must successfully complete a drug screen, have a clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles, and pass a criminal history/law enforcement background check. Applicants must submit an EPHA job application and resume to be considered. Applications may be obtained at www.eastpointha.org. Submit to email@example.com or East Point Housing, P.O. Box 91363, East Point, Georgia 30364, Attn: HR Dept. Close date: Open until filled.
The Housing Authority of the City of East Point, Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Resident Services Coordinator
The Canton Housing Authority is seeking an experienced social service/ housing professional to serve as its Resident Services Coordinator. The CHA is a small housing authority with a total of 145 low-income public housing units located on three sites. The ideal candidate must possess a range of skills and abilities in order to qualify for this position. Under general guidance of the Executive Director, the Resident Services Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating programs for all Authority residents concerning issues such as, health, education, social services, recreation, and substance abuse prevention. The incumbent will serve as the liaison between the City of Canton, Cherokee County, Cherokee County School District, along with other local and near servicing agencies.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in sociology, social work, or public/business administration or related field. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the role of a social worker or relatable role and work with disadvantaged persons or any equivalent combination of training and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Candidates are encouraged to review the qualification requirements and submit specific evidence of experience in the above areas. Cover letter and resumes should be submitted by July 15, 2019 via email to Mr. Marzine Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The East Point Housing Authority seeks an experienced Full-Time Housing Choice Voucher Specialist, responsible for assisting low-income families to obtain and maintain safe, decent, sanitary and affordable housing while promoting self-sufficiency in compliance with the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program. Under general supervision of the HCV Coordinator, this position performs various duties related to the case management of HCV participants and regulatory compliance of the HCV program Prior experience in case management and technical duties related to the implementation of governmental rent subsidy programs. This position requires prior experience implementing HUD Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, with knowledge of program rules and regulations. Knowledge of rental lease agreements, rent collection procedures, and eviction processes as needed to provide consultation to participating landlords. Must be organized and have a good attitude and friendly disposition toward the public. Knowledge of HUD Portability a plus! Proficient with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SACS Software a plus! High school diploma or GED; supplemented by college level course work or vocational training in social services or public housing program administration; supplemented by three (3) years previous experience and/or training that includes public housing program administration, customer interaction, and general office work; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess a valid GA driver’s license and have reliable transportation. Applicant must successfully complete a drug screen, have a clean driving record with the Department of Motor Vehicles, and pass a criminal history/law enforcement background check. Applications may be obtained from EPHA website www.eastpointha.org; click on “Work with Us” for job openings. Applicants must submit an EPHA job application and resume to be considered. Please submit an application and resume to HACEPG HUMAN RESOURCES at Post Office Box 91363, East Point, GA 30364 or Jobs1@eastpointha.org; to be considered. Applications and resumes will be accepted until filled.
The Housing Authority of the City of East Point, Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer